Hilmar Alquiros, The Philippines
lymph nodes not seen in CT)
Growth of symmetric
non-encapsulated masses of adipose tissue mostly around the face and neck,
rapid (!) early development,
followed by slow
of adipose deposits
in and around the face, neck, occipital region,
supraclavicular fossa, + shoulder areas (!)
Complete surgery necessary even if not malignant:
- neck muscles may become compressed,
reduced neck mobility
- reducing the size of the trachea and esophagus
- with associated respiratory
- and obstructive sleep apnea!
(started, I think)
- Patients also often have (later!)
Malignant transformation into
liposarcoma has been reported in very rare cases.
multiple symmetric lipomatosis may also develop:
Peripheral neuropathy (!!)
- Neurological disturbances
including difficulty swallowing, hoarseness (!!)
- sleep problems,
- tachycardia (rapid heart rate),
- fluctuation in blood pressure, and breathing
- Other metabolic abnormalities or diseases such as hypertension, diabetes
and liver disease (!)
"Systemic Side-Effects of Topical Corticosteroids"
clobetasol proprionate + betamethasone for several months!
(non-healing wounds etc.).
Cushing Syndrome ...?!